Hijabiz (sisters only)
The intent is to unite the young girls and women ( ages 12-17) by offering activities and study sessions to counter the negative influences within our society at large. her main focus for this program is to inspire and strengthen their love for the deen. She would also like to build long lasting sisterhood amongst them that will lead to strengthening their faith, improving their lives in this world and the next.
- Develop a space that instills, reinforces, and furthers faith in Allah.
- Create a safe environment that assists participants in understanding who they are based on The Creator’s words (Qur’an Al Kareem)
- Develop their sense of self as a Muslimah living in this American Culture.
- How to navigate it
- How to decrease its influence
- How to recognize when actions and thoughts are not of “our teachings”
- Create a fundraising arm of the group, such as a ‘Nasheed Group, poetry readings, selling foods. All Performances will be only in front of women audiences. All funds will pay for activities
- Build leadership skills.
- Group will meet 3x weekly (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays) from 4:00p.m. until 6:00p.m.
- Fridays: Practice with selection of songs and singing (Islamic focused songs)
- Saturdays: Poetry Class – teaching girls how to express themselves
- Sundays: Meeting – to discuss direction we are going and any changes we need to make; practice for the upcoming events.